2019-02-22-01 Why A Journal


I started keeping a journal when I became a consultant. On my first assignment, I was scared. I felt like a fraud. I didn't have every answer. I didn't have a roadmap. Sometimes, I felt I didn't know what I was doing. A very wise man told me I didn't have to. He explained that I knew much more than those I was guiding, and I'd keep learning while they worked to catch up. I read more books that first year than in my entire college life. I learned fast. And I journaled. I created a road map.

Years later, looking back on those journal notes, containing tips and tricks that worked, enabled me to create my first ebook. People have been buying that book for years, even while I'm off working on other projects. Passive recurring income from work I did years ago. It's exciting, every time I get an email that someone bought the book.

I'm certain you can do that too. You have unique and special skills. Knowledge and insight that no-one else has. And that is your USP (unique selling position). Whether you are looking for a new job, improving your workgroup, or starting a business, self reflection and journaling those thoughts will serve you well.

I've always kept my journal private. Old thinking. My kids post everything. Their life is an open book. Perhaps there is a happy medium - somewhere in between.

So this is my on-line journal. Drop me a line if you find anything that moves you!

Norm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019-02-22-02 What would I tell my younger self